[Data-curation] Meaning of RTD/COR as bbb field within WMO header

Howdy,

NWSI 10-1701 describes the format of the WMO Abbreviated Heading and uses the code form of

    ttaaii_cccc_ddhhmm_bbb

to describe it. The `_bbb` field is only used as appropriate and Table 4 on page 14 describes its usage:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/directives/sym/pd01017001curr.pdf

The general form is AAx (amended/updated) or CCx (corrected) or RRx (delayed or same ddhhmm usage). Anyway, that leads me to the usage of `RTD` for the bbb field like so:

SACU31 MUHA 090915 RTD
METAR
MUCL 090905Z AUTO 09009KT 29/23 Q1014=

Googling around I stumble into this document:

http://stevespages.com/NewManuals/Navy%20Rate%20Training%20Manuals/14272.pdf

and page 1-12 describes two additional bbb fields of

RTD (routine delayed) and
COR (correction)

So of course, MUHA is Cuba and not subject to NWSI 10-1701. So I wonder where the 'standard' is for this bbb field. Ah WMO has this:

http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/www/ois/Operational_Information/Publications/WMO_386/AHLsymbols/bbb_en.html

But does not appear to support the usage of 'COR' or 'RTD' ? Any kind souls wish to end my wild goose chase and explain this fun to me? :)

daryl

--
/**
 * daryl herzmann