Re: [Data-curation] Usage of incorrect WMO source codes, does anybody care? :)

  • To: Paul Fajman <paul.fajman@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [Data-curation] Usage of incorrect WMO source codes, does anybody care? :)
  • From: "Boris A. Konon" <trwplusa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 16:59:00 -0400
Paul,

Thank you for the information.  It was years ago when I first noticed this,
and haven't really look at products since.   When I look at HADS data now,
I see this:

SRUS23 KWOH 072047
RRSALR

SRUS26 KWOH 072049
RRSTUA

I believe KWOH was not used a general WMO source ID initially when the NWS
MAR occurred in the 90s.

I will update my records accordingly.

Boris