Date: Fri, Jul 9, 1999 4:54 PM -0500
From: DeWayne Mitchell <mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: kkd@xxxxxx, lmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 19990707: CRAFT Update

Linda and Kelvin, I haven't seen Kelvin's PMC briefing, but we are working
to use LDM in Georgia to distribute compressed Level II data from Peachtree
City, Ga; Birmingham (Hytop), AL; and Greenville/Spartanburg, SC to Georgia Tech Research Institute. We are still configuring/testing the
network here at NSSL, but we are hopeful that we can have it online and
working by the end of August.  We are using a SUN Ultra 5 as the LDM server
machine located in the Peachtree City NWSFO to receive the Level II data
broadcast  from all three RIDDS and then broadcast the LDM data packets to
the GTRI  research facility located in Cobb County.  The LDM data packets
will then  be processed by our WDSS-II (early prototype) and displayed.

I will do my best to keep you abreast of our activities and progress.

Regards,
DeWayne

Linda Miller
External Liaison, Unidata