From: Anne Myckow - NOAA Federal <anne.myckow@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 11:17:04 -0400
Subject: TOMORROW June 1 starting at 12Z, 24hr test of NCEP's new supercomputer
To: Unidata CONDUIT Support <support-conduit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello CONDUIT users,

Tomorrow starting with the 12Z model cycle data will begin populating
in production from our new supercomputer rather than our old one, for
24 hours. What this means in practice for you all is that the timing of
some products may change slightly, and the directory that will be listed
for the files in the conduit LDM entries will change.

Instead of /common/data/model/com/<model name>/*prod/ *you will see
/common/data/model/com/<model name>/*v<version number>/ *in the directory
structure. Also, a few models/files are moving directory structure
(but I don't think any of them go to CONDUIT).

Here are the SCNs for the changes which include a list of the version
numbers for each model:
https://www.weather.gov/media/notification/pdf2/scn22-41_ncep_website_directory_changes.pdf
https://www.weather.gov/media/notification/pdf2/scn22-40_operational_supercomputer_go-live_aaa.pdf

I apologize for not alerting you sooner but we have been focused on what
this change will mean for our other applications for the public (which
were prepped a couple weeks ago) and had not realized the potential
impact to CONDUIT until today.

Please let us know if you have any issues with the test tomorrow outside
of the path change to version number. Once the 24hr test is done we
will go back to the existing "prod" dir until June 14, at which point
our second 24hr test will take place.

Thank you,
Anne
- --