[conduit] Initializing WRF with NAM218 using CONDUIT/NGRID

With this recent issues with the NAM212 grid, this reminds me to bring up my attempts to initialize with NAM 218. CONDUIT has only the awip12 grids which are the surface-based fields. The NGRID feed has almost all of the pressure fields and I was able to use both feeds to initialize WRF. However, for some odd reason, there was something wrong with the RH at 300mb and above as all values were 0. Has anyone been able to initialize WRF with NAM 218 fields that are on CONDUIT/NGRID without resorting to downloading from NCEP? Thanks

Mike

--
Mike Leuthold
Manager, Regional Weather Modeling Program

  • Search the conduit archives: