[conduit] Slow connection/big lag from conduit.ncep.noaa.gov

The past few days my connection for conduit data feeding from conduit.ncep.noaa.gov (to idd.aos.wisc.edu) has become slower, resulting in large lag times and lost data.

The attached gif shows my lag over the past few days. There are no time stamps on the image, unfortunately, but the large peaks are from each 6 hrly GFS/ensemble suite. The right side of the graph is now (14:30 UTC Tuesday, March 31) and the left side is ~00 UTC March 29.

During the open peaks on the left side of the graph, I was feeding from conduit.ncep.noaa.gov and ncepldm4.woc.noaa.gov.

About half-way across the graph, where the peaks begin to be filled in and the green line starts, I added idd.unidata.ucar.edu to the mix. Lags were still large.

Prior to the 00 UTC run last night (the first of the two lower blue peaks on the right hand side) I removed conduit.ncep.noaa.gov form my requests, so I am only requesting from idd.unidata.ucar.edu and ncepldm4.woc.noaa.gov.

My perception from this sequence of events is that my connectivity to conduit.ncep.noaa.gov has degraded. This seems to have begun within the last week or so, I didn't have the large lags before.

Any ideas?

What are the root conduit servers that I should be feeding from? I currently have

conduit.ncep.noaa.gov
and
ncepldm4.woc.noaa.gov

Thanks,
Pete

--
Pete Pokrandt - Systems Programmer
UW-Madison Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences

  • Search the conduit archives: