[conduit] Announcing Penn State Tier-1 CONDUIT Service

Hello,

In coordination with Unidata, the Penn State Department of Meteorology is pleased to announce the commencement of tier-1 CONDUIT service from Penn State to the Unidata Community. This service will act as the primary distribution point for NCEP CONDUIT data for the Eastern United States and will replace the current Unidata-maintained top-level relay idd.cise-nsf.gov. We are very excited to be able to offer this service and have invested considerable effort into configuring Unidata equipment-grant funded hardware, Penn State hardware, Penn State networking infrastructure, and the provision of staffing resources to produce a reliable distribution point for IDD data. Sites that currently feed from idd.cise-nsf.gov may switch to the new service, idd.meteo.psu.edu, at any time. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at the address below. In the Unidata spirit of collaboration and contribution, we hope that this service will benefit many in the community and promote continued success in educational and research initiatives.

                               Art

Arthur A. Person
Research Assistant, System Administrator
Penn State Department of Meteorology
email:  person@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, phone:  814-863-1563

  • Search the conduit archives: