[conduit] problems with GFS grids for 2008060112 -- wrong data

CONDUIT Folks,

As you probably know NCEP had major problems yesterday:

 NOUS42 KWNO 011712
 ADMNFD
SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE
 NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS CAMP SPRINGS MD
 110 PM EDT SUN JUN 1 2008
12Z GFS ANALYSIS/FORECAST WAS RE-STARTED AGAIN WITH NO SATL DATA
 DUE TO THE ON-GOING NESDIS DDS PROBLEMS. THE RE-START EFFORTS WERE
 NOT
 SUCCESSFUL. AVAILABLE PROGRAMMING SUPPORT HAS BEEN CONTACTED
 AND ARE TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE QUICKLY. EXPECT AT LEAST A
 TWO HOUR DELAY IN THE 12Z GFS AND WAVE MODEL PRODUCTS..
 HOURLY RUC ANALYSIS WILL ALSO BE DELAYED.
The 1-degree data we received via CONDUIT in the
conduit/gfs.2008060112/gfs.t12z.pgrbf*.grib2 files were
understandably late (not arriving until around 16:30 - 16:50 EDT),
but, quite unexpectedly they were the grids from the 2008053112 run!
The same is true for the 1/2-degree grids gfs.t12z.pgrb2f*.

So, unless I've somehow missed something, all of us CONDUIT recipients
have bad data for 2008060112.  Does anyone out there have good data?
I assume that good data cannot be retransmitted via CONDUIT, is that
right?

David --
David Ovens              e-mail: ovens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Meteorologist    phone: (206) 685-8108
Dept of Atm. Sciences      plan: Real-time MM5 forecasting for the
Box 351640                        Pacific Northwest
University of Washington          http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt
Seattle, WA  98195               Weather Graphics and Loops
                                 http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/loops

  • Search the conduit archives: