Re: [conduit] Addendum: GFS missing/delays:

Please ignore my addendum: silly me was looking at the wrong file. Our received GRIB2 1-deg GFS files for 1200 UTC today looks good, all the way out to 384 hours.

Kevin W. Thomas wrote:
Addendum:

I took a look at what came in via on today's 1200 UTC GRIB2 1-deg GFS, and found that we are only getting a small fraction of the gridded fields that came in with the GRIB1 files. We only have data on the mandatory pressure levels, as well as a smattering of surface and 2/10 meter height levels. Looking back on past days, I think this has been the case with all the GRIB2 fields we are receiving via CONDUIT. Anyone else have similar observations?

--Kevin

Kevin...

The NAM 40km data is the full 3D grid.  I can't speak for GFS, as I don't use
it in model runs.

I wish the NAM 12km tiled data came with the 3D variables.  Ftp scripts are
a nuisance.

        Kevin W. Thomas
        University of Oklahoma
        Norman, Oklahoma
        Email:  kwthomas@xxxxxx

Mike Voss wrote:
Conduit users,

I am missing GFS003, 201, 202, etc from 12Z today, Nov 27, and I noticed the files were not on motherlode. I saw a message about delays (see below). Does anyone know if this is this the cause of the missing GFS data on Conduit?

Thanks
-Mike

-----------------
600
NOUS72 KNCF 270505
ADMNCF
~
NWSTG HAS INFORMED NCF, ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 27, AT 1015Z THE NWSTG WILL
BE SWITCHING TO THE BACKUP SYBASE SERVER. THE SWITCH IS EXPECTED TO
TAKE UP TO 45 MINUTES. DURING THIS PERIOD, NO DATA WILL BE SWITCHED
THROUGH THE NWSTG. THERE WILL BE NO DATA LOST, BUT DELAYS WILL BE
EQUAL TO THE OUTAGE TIME.
~
NCF

Mike Voss