Re: [conduit] [ldm-users] GFS change at 1200 UTC 25 September?

  • To: "Kevin R. Tyle" <ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [conduit] [ldm-users] GFS change at 1200 UTC 25 September?
  • From: "Bryan C. Hahn" <bryanh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:55:31 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Kevin R. Tyle wrote:

You can see the noisiness in the attached gif; just a 500 hPa height field.
For comparison, a similar plot from last year shows how things looked with the
old postprocessor.

I haven't seen any further emails on this thread today, so I hope this is
pertinent.  I saw this notice on Saturday:

NOUS42 KWNO 291453
ADMNFD

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE
NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS CAMP SPRINGS MD
1050 AM EDT SAT SEP 29 2007

...snip...

NCEP/NCO AND EMC ARE TESTING CHANGES FOR THE GFS MODEL WHICH
ARE AIMED AT RESOLVING SOME CONCERNS WITH MSLP FIELDS AND
SMOOTHING THE CONTOURS OF SOME HIGH RESOLUTION GRAPHICS.
TESTING OF THE CHANGES WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE WEEKEND AND MAYBE
INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK.

$$

NEWBY/SDM/NCO/NCEP

I haven't seen any other relevant info from NCEP today.

 - Bryan

  • Search the conduit archives: