[conduit] Changes to content of CONDUIT data stream

CONDUIT data users,

On Tuesday Sep 25, NCEP will begin producing 10 additional fields in the
GEFS ensemble data output in support of TIGGE. These fields are:

- Specific humidity at 1000, 925, 850, 700, 500, 300, 250, & 200 mb
- Potential vorticity at 320K theta
- Dewpoint temperature at 2 m AGL

These parameters will be added to the files being inserted as:
data2/TIGGE/gepXX.tHHz.pgrb2cfFF

The current size of these files is ~300KB, and will increase to ~800KB
per perturbation (20) and forecast time (65) for a total of 650MB per
run time (4x per day).

After taking in to account feedback received from my message on Sep 13,
2007 regarding replacement of existing GRIB1 data sets with GRIB2
versions, a two
week transition period between changes will be scheduled as follows:

DATE

10/02/2007

Remove existing RUC GRIB1 data
(GRIB2 data already being sent)
Add NAM awipak and grbgrd GRIB2 data
files

10/16/2007

Remove NAM awipak and grbgrd GRIB1
data files
Add NAM awip3d GRIB2 data files

10/30/2007

Remove NAM awip3d GRIB1 data files

I will be updating the CONDUIT data examples on the web page with
additional
patterns to reflect these changes.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support