[community] July 2020 Unidata Update

Hello Unidata community,

In case you missed it -- here's a wrap-up of what's been going on at the
Unidata Program Center in July:

Unidata Update: July 2020
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/unidata-update-july-2020>

This was an unusual year for the Unidata Summer Internship program. Due to
the COVID-19 pandemic, our interns did not travel to Boulder to work on
their projects in person, but instead interacted with Unidata developers
through e-mail, online chat, and video conferencing. While the remote setup
was less than ideal, interns Lauren Prox, Caitlyn McAllister, and Russell
Manser all made excellent progress on their summer goals. We encourage you
to read about their projects!

Other highlights:

   - Updated Abstract Deadlines for the 2021 AMS Meeting
   - Unidata AWIPS Configuration Updates
   - 2020 Unidata Community Equipement Awardees

Thanks for your interest,
Doug Dirks and the Unidata Staff

--
Douglas Dirks