[community] Unidata Seeking DeSouza Award Nominations

Dear Colleague,

Do you know someone in the Unidata community who has been actively involved
and helpful to you and other Unidata members? For example, a person who
volunteers to assist others, contributes software, or makes suggestions
that are generally useful for the community.

I write to you today as chair of the Unidata Users’ Committee as we seek
nominations for the Russel L. DeSouza Award. This award is generally given
out annually to a member of our community “whose energy, expertise, and
active involvement enable the Unidata Program to better serve geoscience.
Honorees personify Unidata's ideal of a community that shares data,
software, and ideas through computing and networking technologies.” I ask
that you think about individuals within your department or across the field
who fit the preceding description. Additionally, please share this
announcement with anyone who might know of a worthy nominee.

Writing a nomination for the Russell L. DeSouza Award for Outstanding
Community Service won't take long and will be very meaningful to the
recipient who will be chosen by the Unidata Users Committee. The nomination
form will require contact information for the nominator, the nominee, and a
free response to explain why the nominee should be considered for the
award. To nominate someone for the award, please use the  nomination form
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/community/committees/nominate.jsp> .
Nominations must be received no later than * 20 March 2019 * to be
considered for this year's honor.

The Unidata Users Committee will review the nominations and select the
recipient, who will be invited to receive the award at the Fall 2019  Users
Committee <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/committees/usercom/>  meeting in
Boulder, Colorado. The individual will be asked to give a presentation on
his/her experiences with, and use of, Unidata data and tools.

For additional information about the DeSouza Award and list of previous
recipients, please see: DeSouza Award
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/community/desouza>
Regards,
Kevin Goebbert
Chair, Unidata Users Committee

--
Kevin Goebbert, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Meteorology

(219) 464-5517 <//(219)%20464-5517>
fax: (219) 548-7738 <//(219)%20548-7738>

https://kevingoebbert.youcanbook.me/
  • Search the community archives: