Re: [cf-satellite] NetCDF gdal question

  • To: Doug Fowler <dfowler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [cf-satellite] NetCDF gdal question
  • From: Joe Lee <hyoklee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:23:58 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Hi, Doug!

Please try to use the latest GEE from GitHub that supports OpenOptions in VRT.
The GEE website is not fully updated with the latest information.  We could
convert SMAP (HDF5) into GeoTIFF correctly using GEE, which is impossible with
GDAL from OSGeo.

Also, I’d like to suggest you to put the file on OPeNDAP server (with HDF5
handler by changing .nc to .h5), convert it to netCDF, and then test it on
ArcGIS as shown in [1].

[1] http://hdfeos.org/software/arcgis.php