Re: [cf-satellite] CF Compliance Checker Error due to Unrecognized Coordinate Variables/Dimensions

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the quick follow-up. No, I have not tried removing that coordinates
attribute from the geogridded variables, but I’ll consider that.

The checker is a brand new checker developed by PO.DAAC over the last year. It
also provides additional options for ACDD, but I didn’t have that option
checked when I ran the compliance checker.

Here’s a brief statement on the derivation of the checker, which is also
available here: http://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/podaac_uat

The Metadata Compliance Checker (MCC) is an online tool and web service
designed to check and validate the contents of netCDF and HDF granules for the
Climate and Forecast (CF) and Attribute Convention for Dataset Discovery (ACDD)
metadata conventions.  It produces quantitative scoring for these convention
attributes as HTML, PDF or JSON outputs. It also checks GHRSST version 2 data
formats as applicable.  It works with both user locally uploaded data and well
as data that are accessible via OPeNDAP. The MCC is based on open source
software originally developed by NOAA that has been extended with additional
functionality and reporting.

Cheers,
David