Re: [cf-satellite] [CF-metadata] New CoordinateType: Spectral?

I wanted to point out that last year, we discussed whether the
"wavelength" or "wavenumber" should be a "coordinate variable".

I believe that the consensus at that time was that just a "dimension
variable" should be used, and then to define variables with declared
standard_name attributes (like "wavelength" and/or "wavenumber" --
although I know these are not the agreed upon names...), which were
shaped by that "dimension variable", as a signal applications that the
"dimension variable" really was an index and related to either
wavelength or wavenumber....and more, important, that these data were
"satellite data" (as opposed to a "grid").

In this construct, it was not necessary to treat the "dimension
variable" as a "coordinate variable".

tom

--
Tom Whittaker