[cf-satellite] implication of allowing longitude coordinate variable using scale_factor/add_offset

Folks:

Last year we (GOES-R Ground System) proposed a change that would allow
coordinate variables to use scale_factor and add_offset  (see trac item #86
with title "Allow coordinate variables to be scaled integers").

We will be producing one type of product on a lat/lon grid and would like to
used scale_factor and add_offset with the coordinate variables.

One of these products spans the 180 degrees_east longitude (i.e. -180
degrees_east longitude) line.  The implication being that the software
resolving the scale factor and additive offset needs to be cognizant of the
longitude coordinate variable "units".

Is this an issue ?

very respectfully,

randy