Re: [cf-satellite] Proposal for band dimension and coordinate variable

Hi Tom:

Yes, im just getting caught up here.

From my POV, what we are doing is expanding the list of coordinate axis types that CF understands and describes. Your summary describes a good way to do that.

CDM has already added two such types that are not completely clear in CF: "ensembles" and "runtimes".

I would propose that we add 3 sections to chapter 5 descibing these three cases. We might need to edit all of chapter 5 to make it coherent.

John