[bww-users] Fwd: SI2_2016 poster

NOTE: The bww-users mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

This is the DOI link to the poster the BWW Team recently submitted to the NSF
SI2 workshop earlier this year (which I wasn’t able to attend due to inclement
weather).

Carlos

> DOI: 10.7921/G0QJ7F7S
> Link: http://dx.doi.org/10.7921/G0QJ7F7S <http://dx.doi.org/10.7921/G0QJ7F7S>
>
> Project URL: http://bigweatherweb.org <http://bigweatherweb.org/>
> Project name: Big Weather Web: A common and sustainable big data
> infrastructure in support of weather prediction research and education in
> universities
> Project type: SSI
> Awards number: 1450488
> Abstract: The goal of the Big Weather Web is to make big data infrastructure
> affordable and adequate for university members of the Numerical Weather
> Prediction community by combining the application of recent technologies:
> cloud services including cloud storage, software containers (e.g. Docker),
> distributed revision control (e.g. git), computer configuration and
> management (e.g. Ansible), and web documents with live code, equations, and
> visualizations (e.g. Jupyter notebooks). The combination of these
> technologies is used to create three “nuclei” (also known as crystallization
> points), pieces of technology that are easily shareable, have the ability to
> grow and improve over time, and ensure buy-in from researchers and students.
> They are: (1) a large ensemble distributed over 7 universities, (2) a common
> storage, linking, and cataloging methodology, and (3) a collection of
> versioned, community-specific software containers that can be easily deployed
> anywhere. The purpose of these nuclei is to improve reproducibility in
> education and research, availability of intermediate results, and ability to
> quickly adopt new technologies.

  • Search the bww-users archives: