[bufrtables] BUFR file

NOTE: The bufrtables mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi
I am in need of assistance, I want to display a bufr file in GrADS. I have
used burfscan successfully after some struggle, and have created a .ctl
file with the information I got from bufrscan. The ctl file opens with no
problem but when trying to draw/display the variables it gives me the error
message below:

warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
warning: can't read 248-bit data value; max is 32
Finished parsing BUFR file

Attached is the control file and the bufr file. Could the problem be with
the way I constructed the control file? what does the warning mean? Any
assistance is highly appreciated.

I am new to Unidata, so I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask
questions, if not please tell me where I can post my question.

Thanks
Bathobile
  • Search the bufrtables archives: