[bufrtables] Max bit error in reading bufr files (bufrscan grads utility)

NOTE: The bufrtables mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hello!
I am trying to plot a bufr file in Grads and for this I require to use
Grad's 'bufrscan' utility to create a .ctl file (for Grads).

(bufrscan basically gives the header & body information of bufr file to
create a descriptor file for plotting in Grads)

Bufrscan runs correctly and checks the bufr file.

But, it gives me a segmentation fault (below is a part of the output).
warning: can't read 80-bit data value; max is 64
warning: can't read 256-bit data value; max is 64
warning: can't read 256-bit data value; max is 64
warning: can't read 192-bit data value; max is 64
warning: can't read 80-bit data value; max is 64
warning: can't read 256-bit data value; max is 64
warning: can't read 256-bit data value; max is 64
warning: can't read 192-bit data value; max is 64
warning: can't read 80-bit data value; max is 64
Segmentation fault
I have tried to figure out where the max bit size is defined in the
tables (B, D etc)...but am unable to solve this. I have tried running
this on both 32 & 64 bit machines but get the same error (i suppose
thats because it needs 256 bits).

I was wondering if there is anyways to solve this problem (may be
increase the max bit in the tables)
Hoping someone can help me out.

Best regards,

Lin