Today I released WmoBufr 1.4.1, a BUFR to XML translator. It's at
Version 1.4.1 ...
- is MUCH faster and handles multiple input files.
- handles BUFR editions 2, 3, and 4.
- handles BUFR compression.
- has print and XML output content controls.
- provides multiple print output files.
- has optional data validation.
Wmobufr is an open source Java package for translating WMO
BUFR files into XML. The wmobufr package offers both a Java
API for reading BUFR files and a command-line utility to
translate BUFR files into XML.
The WMO BUFR format is widely used for observational weather
data. The format uses about 750 tables to encode
observations into bit strings. The tables and format are
specified in standards published by the WMO, the World
The wmobufr package includes the WMO version 13 BUFR tables.
The package is released under the BSD open source license.
The package is available at:
If you have questions or concerns, please email me.
Steve Sullivan steves@xxxxxxxx 303-497-2823
FL/2, Research Applications Laboratory
National Center for Atmospheric Research
PO Box 3000
Boulder CO 80307