Re: [bufrtables] Max bit error in reading bufr files (bufrscan grads utility)

NOTE: The bufrtables mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

  • To: Malcolm Mistry <malcolm.mistry@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [bufrtables] Max bit error in reading bufr files (bufrscan grads utility)
  • From: Steve Sullivan <steves@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:12:21 -0700
Malcolm,

Thank you for the unusual sample data file!
I've converted part of the BUFR file you sent me to XML,
using sourceforge.net/projects/wmobufr.

Each BUFR subset becomes one XML file.  So far I've decoded
the first 156818 subsets, taking up over 6 GB (that's
gigabytes!) of disk space.  What on earth is in that file?
I'm guessing it's a compendium.  It might be easier to deal
with as separate BUFR files.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your
file (at least for the first 156818 subsets), aside from
the unwieldy size.  I didn't see any problems with long
bit values.

Steve