From: Milan Dragosavac [mailto:Milan.Dragosavac@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Fri 19/09/2008 18:58
To: John Caron
Subject: Re: [bufrtables] More on table versions

Dear Jeff and John,

Thanks for point out 022039 difference. I checked all versions of the
tables I have and the result is  3 -5000 and 12 bits data width.
However, WMO version 13 introduced change to 13 bits which I can not
recall why. In the same time there is a Note(4) which state to use
022040 instead of 022039. the entry 022040 got 14 bits data width.
Obviously there is a conflict. I believe 13 should be set back in the
version 13 to 12 bits. I would like Weiqing to comment on this since
they produce tide data.

Best regards

Milan
Milan Dragosavac

ECMWF
Shinfield Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 9AX, UK

Tel: (+44 118) 949 9403
Fax: (+44 118) 986 9450
Telex: 847908 ECMWF G
E-mail: milan.dragosavac@xxxxxxxxx