Re: [bufrtables] More on table versions

NOTE: The bufrtables mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hello Milan:

Thanks for this information. These are the kinds of things we must know in
order to decode correctly. A few questions for you:

Is it the case that, so far, there have not been any changes to data width,
reference value and scale in table B, and no changes to table D other than
additions? If so, then we should be able to use the current master tables for
all versions. Then, apparently, start tracking changes as new versions are
defined.

If there have been changes, would you know how to get authoritative, machine
readable files for each version?

If you would like to join our discussion, we would appreciate your knowledge and experience.
list management:
archives: http://mailman.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/bufrtables/

Thanks!

John Caron
UCAR/Unidata

Milan Dragosavac wrote:
Dear Eva and Jeff,

I think that there is no problem to change data width, reference value and scale for different Master table version numbers of tables used.

If we could not do this the whole concept of master table version numbers and local table versions would be meaningless. The only requirement is that once the entry is in any of the tables and used,
it must stay as such in that version of the tables. However the only
setback is that Secretariat must keep track of all versions even if
most entries in the next version is the same as in the previous.

That is the way we are going to correct radiation elements in the version 14.

Regards

Milan

Milan Dragosavac

ECMWF
Shinfield Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 9AX, UK

Tel: (+44 118) 949 9403
Fax: (+44 118) 986 9450
Telex: 847908 ECMWF G
E-mail: milan.dragosavac@xxxxxxxxx