Re: [awips2-users] Possible to enable text products in stand-alone system?

  • To: Chuck Watson <cwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [awips2-users] Possible to enable text products in stand-alone system?
  • From: Chuck Watson <cwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 12:55:32 +0000
  • Feedback-id: rR43pfNI_Yc2bDDwVlw_uPtOEMoTb3J6ixN3KmiOY2Thkx1pfkUIoQEY3srXC9db0dxfFXolWEgtz77PexR5gg==:Ext:ProtonMail
To sort of answer my own question, I tried removing the crowbar to practice
mode in /awips2/cave/run.sh but I guess there are other less obvious changes.
Not having time to dig thorugh the code, as a quick and dirty fix on the server
I created practicestdtextproducts as a view to stdtextproducts within the
fxatext database (create view practicestdtextproducts as select * from
stdtextproducts;).  Note that views in postgresql are read-only, so with this
hack you can view text products coming in from noaaport in the text
workstation, but you can't change them (which is great).

Chuck Watson

Enki Research

Sent from
[ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch)