[awips2-users] Request Step by Step Windows 10 Instruction to Install AWIPS-2

AWIPS2-Users,
I'm looking for idiot proof step by step instructions to install Miniconda
Python 3.7 for windows. I checked path to install and got a red flag against
doing that. The normal install remained check.  Should it have been?  I had
install once before without checking path.  Looking at the environment
variables the path had changed, so obviously I did something wrong.  When I
installed Python it went to my user directory,  Does that make a difference?
Phytonhome and Phytonpath did not appear in the environment variables, should
it or does this need to be manually inserted?  If manually inserted I'm
guessing it needs to point to where Miniconda is located, or does this need to
be on the C drive and not the user subdirectory fo the C drive.
Also how do I installed pip install numpy==1.15.1 jep==3.8.2?

I'm assuming AWIPS-Cave needs to be in the same directory as Miniconda.
I do have the AWIPS II Cave and AWIPS II AlertViz  (FXCAVE) installed on my
personal laptop, but never was able to connect, even though my IP address was
in the system, further attempts to find another path was not available due to
lack of budget.  I never tired to install on my work computer, since it didn't
have the needed graphics and I need to jump through all kinds of hoops to get
any non standard software installed.
I did have FX-NET installed and was able to use it until NOAA/OAR no longer
supported the software.  FX-NET did not support the GOES-R series, but the
older GOES-NOP series.
I recently retired from NWS and would like to continue to use what I've
referred to as the poor man's AWIPS.  I've enjoyed using an algorithm developed
by MDL to see the forecast snowfall.  I've compared the GFS and NAM outputs for
this algorithm and they are very seldom in agreement.
Any help anyone can give me to get AWIPS2 up and running would greatly be
apprecated.
Thanks.
Jim Heil
    Reply   Reply All   Forward