Re: [awips2-users] EDEX to CAVE latency with multiple simultaneous users

Hi Jason,

I don't believe that CAVE using an NFS-mounted user home directory should
result in the performance issues you are experiencing, but I wonder if
multiple users running the same CAVE executable over NFS could cause
this... is that how the application is being used? (meaning /awips2/cave/
is on an NFS mount and each users is running the app from that mount?). In
our classrooms we have seen no issues with multiple CAVE clients connecting
to a single server and I have not seen network latency caused by multiple
clients connecting at the same time.

Can we confirm that the multiple session of CAVE are run as different
users, meaning no two users would be reading/writing the same ~/caveData
directory at the same time?

Perhaps turning off data cacheing (CAVE > Preferences > Cache) would reduce
the latency to an acceptable level?
  • Search the awips2-users archives: