[awips2-users] Cannot install JEP, CAVE

Hello all,

I am trying to install the current version of CAVE on a Windows 7 computer.
I have downloaded the Miniconda program and have successfully installed
Numpy, after installing the Java Developer Kit (I have JDK version
1.8.0_202). Every time I try to install Jep, it fails after two tries. Both
attempts give me an error message stating Microsoft C++ 14.1 is required.
The first attempt is proceeded by a failure message in red: "Failed
building wheel for jep". The second attempt is proceeded by a long failure
message, as follows:

Command "C:\Miniconda\python.exe -u -c "import setuptools,
tokenize;__file__='C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-install-e4tc7u8p\\jep\\setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize,
'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n',
'\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-record-_vnhfzy5\install-record.txt
--single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-e4tc7u8p\jep\

I cannot access any of the listed folders because they are deleted as soon
as the program fails.

I have downloaded and installed the C++ redistributable package version
14.10.25017.0.

I don't know what to do next to get this to work. I have everything
required by Miniconda installed. Can anyone please advise? I do not have
advanced programming skills, so any step by step instructions would be
great.

Thanks,
Brad
  • Search the awips2-users archives: