[awips2-users] Unidata AWIPS Update: Edex-cloud is Moving

Today we are migrating the edex-cloud server from Azure to Jetstream.
Hopefully the transition will be seamless, but if you encounter
connectivity problems, give it some time before sending me a support
request.

More details about the transition:

* CAVE localization files have been copied from the old server, so your
user-level configurations should be preserved.
* This new server is significantly faster than the previous one, I will be
enabling a number of data sets that were not available before.
* I will update the server to 16.4.1 in the next week or two, and will
begin to ingest experimental GOES16 data (16.4.1 release is still TBD).

This server will eventually be **restricted to EDU/ORG connections only**.
For now it will remain open to everyone but after the 16.4.1 upgrade we
will no longer serve data to .com domains.  For that you should arrange for
your own EDEX server outside of UCAR.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO