[awips2-users] Text workstation on fresh install = not available and GFE CTD

Hi, everyone!

I recently tried to do a fresh install of AWIPS II on a centOS 6.8 VM within
windows as well as on a fresh standalone centOS 6.8 on a different HD and I
have run into the exact same problems:

*       The TEXT WORKSTATION option is completely unavailable.  As in, I
have looked under tools and this option is just not there as all.  Same with
some radar tools that are in a sub-menu.
*       GFE, when selected acts like it wants to run, but, in the VM, after
a splash screen with the default gfeConfig user, it crashes AWIPS to desktop
or hangs.  In the standalone centOS, this was instant.

I tried this on centOS7 and the end result was that it would not run at all
AND it deleted yum completely  ("yum:  command not found")

Thanks!

Dan Trigona.

  • Search the awips2-users archives: