Re: [awips2-users] Ingesting McIDAS area files in AWIPS II

  • To: Justin Balbierer <jbalbier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [awips2-users] Ingesting McIDAS area files in AWIPS II
  • From: Michael James <mjames@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:53:49 -0700
The UNIWISC GVAR products are still not fully supported.  Right now all
non-GVAR UNIWISC products decode and display, but the GVAR products return
a persistence error if more than a single product is ingested (EDEX thinks
that the product already exists if a previous scan was ingested that day,
even though the timestamp is obviously different, so basically ingest works
for one image per day per product).  I think it may be an issue with the
geospatial records in postgres.  This make me wonder if the same problem
occurs with the Himawari images.

Justin, I have the area files that you supplied and will take a look.  It
may be as simple as table entries for when the metadata tables are
initialized.