[awips2-users] AWIPS 14.4 Data Display

I would like to inquire if anyone else is experiencing a slowdown of
current data displaying in AWIPS 14.4 or LDM after it has been running for
awhile.

I noticed when I start the server and LDM, the data is robust but after
time there is greater lag on the data displayed in the D2D menus. The LDM
is set for 10GB, so I didn't think the queue would be the issue and the LDM
log shows current data.

The EDEX processes pids show all the functions are running although pypies
has restarted multiple times. I checked the logs and everything appears to
be running fine. The data coming into the logs such as text, satellite,
radar and gridded data show a current time whereas the data available on
D2D is old.

Could this be a metadata issue with postgres database?

I also noticed this odd message when displaying "edex status." Any thoughts?
[edex status]
 postgres    :: running :: pid 13528
 pypies      :: running :: pid 13567
 qpid        :: running :: pid 13598
/awips2/tools/bin/edex: line 93: [: -XX:MaxPermSize=128m: binary operator
expected
 EDEXingest  :: running :: pid 13811 14014 14184 17275 17279
 EDEXgrib    :: running :: pid 13812 13966 14195
 EDEXrequest :: running :: pid 13818 13919 14208

Regards,
Justin
  • Search the awips2-users archives: