Re: [awips2-users] AWIPS2 Thin Client

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Patrick L. Francis <wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hey mike… speaking of new versions, you mentioned a couple years ago about
> the ability for scripting with awips2 … looking forward to the new GDDIAG
> or equivalent

There is no gddiag equivalent in AWIPS II, I'm not sure where you heard
that.  But I probably did mention a long time ago the ability of GEMPAK
programs (such as gddiag) to read from a remote EDEX server, which has been
implemented crudely since about two years ago, but needs to be made more
robust.

The other option for scripting would be with Python using the Data Access
Framework (ufpy), which also needs to be made more robust.   I have
examples of the DAF provided by Raytheon/NWS developers available at
https://github.com/mjames-upc/edexpy/tree/master/examples

JPEG image

  • Search the awips2-users archives: