Re: [awips2-users] awips2 scripting abilities

  • To: Brendon Hoch <bhoch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [awips2-users] awips2 scripting abilities
  • From: Michael James <mjames@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 10:12:26 -0600
Hi Brendon,

AWIPS II does not have the same scripting functionality as GEMPAK at the
moment, but there are a couple of methods being developed and expanded.
The first is GEMPAK's ability to read data from a remote EDEX server (data
is converted from HDF5 to GEMPAK format internally), and the second is the
new Data Access Framework, which is essentially a Python API for reading
remote EDEX data.  Neither is robust enough to replace GEMPAK scripting at
the moment.

Hope this answers your question.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center