[awips2-users] ASCAT Swaths in AWIPS II

I've had some success in decoding and displaying ASCAT SWATHs that the
Ocean Prediction Centre has recently made available on their website (
http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/gridded_wind_vectors.php). Displaying the
Lightning Strike Density is an exercise in frustration!

One problem is wind barbs. I've tried adding entries in the Localization
section: d2dArrowStyleRules, d2dContourStyleRules and gridImagerySyleRules
have no effect in changing the windbarbs from m/s to knots. Of course
everything else plots in knots correctly.

So, I was wondering if anyone knew how to change wind barbs from m/s to
knots.

Brian Bernard

  • Search the awips2-users archives: