Re: [awips2-users] Viewing Satellite Imagery in AWIPS II CAVE/NCP/D2D

Brian,

The satellite decoder accepts uncompressed GINI images, and the mcidas
decoder accepts uncompressed AREA files (notice the PIPE to pnga2area
below).  In the LDM pqact.conf entries for the UNIWISC AREA files, the
files uncompressed and then written to /awips2/edex/data/manual, where the
"uniwisc_" portion of the filename is matched.

# GOES Visible (UV 4km VIS disabled)
UNIWISC ^pnga2area Q. (EV|U9) (.*) (.*)_IMG (.*)um (.*) (........) (....)
PIPE -close -log
pnga2area -vl logs/pnga2area.log
/awips2/edex/data/manual/uniwisc_\1_\3_\5_VIS_\4_\6_\7

the matching regular expressions are defined
in /awips2/edex/data/utility/edex_static/base/distribution/mcidas.xml :

<requestPatterns xmlns:ns2="group">
   <regex>^MCIDAS.*</regex>
   <regex>.*uniwisc.*</regex>
</requestPatterns>

See the document on Manual Data Ingest for a walkthrough:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14mtcr9xii4abmKuh6jW_3GtWn3tMbObZ9Hhh6RN9lYo/edit

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO