From: awips2-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:awips2-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tyle, Kevin R
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:47 PM
To: Joe H. Barrett; 'awips2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: [awips2-users] AWIPS2 Problems

It’s a fairly old Dell Precision 690 workstation with an Nvidia Quadro NVS295
card, with the latest Nvidia driver valid for that card installed.  It did run
the previous version of CAVE that was made available by Michael ok.

I may try a Cave-only installation on a newer system next, as well as shut down
the edex server on this same machine and connect instead to the cloud edex
server that Unidata is running.  I do see several “ThriftClient Diagnostic
Stack for Long Requests” messages in the logs, associated with long (>10 sec)
waits to run requests for various Raytheon common menu creation tasks.

Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Email: ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx>