Re: [awips2-users] Viewing Archived Gempak Model Files in NCP

I had to explicitly add the hostname to IP in the /etc/hosts file to fix this.

IE

awips2-edex                   10.16.1.2

That fixed that issue

Ray

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:13pm, wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx said:

Be sure that hostname is defined as a fully-qualified domain name, and that
your DNS can resolve the correct internal IP address, and that this IP is the
one used in /awips2/edex/bin/setup.env. If not, then you can force the correct
internal IP with an entry to /etc/hosts.  Check IP address found with nslookup
and ifconfig as well.

please provide a sample of forcing the correct entry into /etc/hosts   ... it
is still hanging.. looking at me.. and mocking me! lol :)

  • Search the awips2-users archives: