Re: [awips2-users] 14.1.1 Package has 32-bit CAVE client?

Neil,

I think only a few programs and libraries related to CAVE are 32-bit I don't know which ones, exactly. I know of some 32-bit libraries required by Qpid and the LDM. CAVE is certainly 64-bit, you can check the JVM yourself or look in the repo directory or at installed packages with rpm -qa.

-Michael

On 06/04/2014 04:57 PM, Neil Smith wrote:
Just stumbled thru a 14.1.1 CAVE install -- on a 64-bit Centos 6.5 OS.
Starting it reveals it can't find the libstdc++.so.6. So I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH and restart.

Says /awips2/cave/caveEnvironment/bin/getTestMode is wrong ELF class.
> file /awips2/cave/caveEnvironment/bin/getTestMode
getTestMode: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped

Hmm. I thought the CAVE client was going to be 64-bit.

Maybe I've got the wrong distro.

-Neil

---
Neil Smith neils@xxxxxxxx <mailto:neils@xxxxxxxx>   979.845.6272
Senior IT Professional, Atmospheric Sciences, TAMU