Re: [awips2-users] awips2

What graphics card are you using?  what is the output of

/sbin/lspci -v

or

/sbin/lspci -v | grep VGA

-Michael

On 10/22/2013 09:38 AM, Steven Boring wrote:
Hi All,
I'm help a faculty member here at SJSU install and get the awips2 system on one of our servers.. Initially I installed just the client becuase the processor thought we would be able to connect to a server at unidata. But we were told we needed to run our own server. I then installed the server software but when I tried to run the alertvix.sh I got an endless series of java error screen, close one another would replace it. I figured that installing the server software after installing the client corrupted the client software I removed everything and started over. Now I have both the server and client installed on the server. I think the EDEX server is working at least I see activity in all the logs similar to that listed in the installation guide with the exception of the ldm log is empty but the ldm log entries are showing up in the /var/log/messages files. The alertviz.sh is now running but I initialy had problems getting the cave software to run. I kept seeing segmentation fault reports refering to libXp.so.6 and libGL.so.1. After add two symlinks to /awips2/tools/lib pointing to the correct lib files in the /awips2/ directory tree. Cave now loads but If I do anything in the client I either errors and/or CAVE segmentation faults and quits..

Here's an example of some of the errors.

clicked on Obs/surface plot

Alertviz error
07:06 PM (1)| WORKSTATION | WORKSTATION: An internal error occured during: "Initiallizing..."

An internal error occurred during: "Initializing...".java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load file: basemaps/MTR.spi at com.raytheon.viz.pointdata.StaticPlotInfoPV.readStaticPlotInfoPV(StaticPlotInfoPV.java:120) at com.raytheon.viz.pointdata.StaticPlotInfoPV.readStaticPlotInfoPV(StaticPlotInfoPV.java:106) at com.raytheon.viz.pointdata.rsc.progdisc.SpiProgDisclosure.<init>(SpiProgDisclosure.java:51) at com.raytheon.viz.pointdata.rsc.PlotResource2.initInternal(PlotResource2.java:266) at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.rsc.AbstractVizResource.init(AbstractVizResource.java:329) at com.raytheon.viz.pointdata.rsc.PlotBlendedResource.initInternal(PlotBlendedResource.java:87) at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.rsc.AbstractVizResource.init(AbstractVizResource.java:329) at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.rsc.AbstractVizResource$InitJob.run(AbstractVizResource.java:418)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

clicked Obs/METAR Station plot
07:14 PM (1) | WORKSTATION | CAVE: Paint error: Could not find spi file:: The resource has been disabled.

Paint error: Could not find spi file:: The resource has been disabled.com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.exception.VizException: Paint error: Could not find spi file:: The resource has been disabled. at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.maps.display.MapRenderableDisplay.paint(MapRenderableDisplay.java:178) at com.raytheon.uf.viz.d2d.core.map.D2DMapRenderableDisplay.paint(D2DMapRenderableDisplay.java:231) at com.raytheon.viz.ui.panes.VizDisplayPane.glDrawInternal(VizDisplayPane.java:515) at com.raytheon.viz.ui.panes.VizDisplayPane.draw(VizDisplayPane.java:469) at com.raytheon.viz.ui.panes.DrawCoordinatedPane.draw(DrawCoordinatedPane.java:182) at com.raytheon.viz.ui.panes.DrawCoordinatorJob$1.run(DrawCoordinatorJob.java:229) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UILockListener.doPendingWork(UILockListener.java:164) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer$3.run(UISynchronizer.java:158)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3515)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3164)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664) at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149) at com.raytheon.viz.ui.personalities.awips.AbstractCAVEComponent.startComponent(AbstractCAVEComponent.java:219) at com.raytheon.uf.viz.application.VizApplication.start(VizApplication.java:81) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
Caused by: com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.exception.VizException: Could not find spi file
    at com.raytheon.viz.spi.SPIResource.initInternal(SPIResource.java:114)
at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.rsc.AbstractVizResource.init(AbstractVizResource.java:329) at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.rsc.AbstractVizResource$InitJob.run(AbstractVizResource.java:418)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: basemaps/MTR.spi
    at com.raytheon.viz.spi.SPIResource.initInternal(SPIResource.java:115)
    ... 3 more

07:14 PM (1)| WORKSTATION | WORKSTATION: An internal error occured during: "Initiallizing..."

An internal error occurred during: "Initializing...".java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load file: basemaps/MTR.spi at com.raytheon.viz.pointdata.StaticPlotInfoPV.readStaticPlotInfoPV(StaticPlotInfoPV.java:120) at com.raytheon.viz.pointdata.StaticPlotInfoPV.readStaticPlotInfoPV(StaticPlotInfoPV.java:106) at com.raytheon.viz.pointdata.rsc.progdisc.SpiProgDisclosure.<init>(SpiProgDisclosure.java:51) at com.raytheon.viz.pointdata.rsc.PlotResource2.initInternal(PlotResource2.java:266) at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.rsc.AbstractVizResource.init(AbstractVizResource.java:329) at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.rsc.AbstractVizResource$InitJob.run(AbstractVizResource.java:418)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

12:21
Clicked Obs/synoptic station plot
Segmentation fault /awips/cave/cave.sh

12:25
CLicked volume 500 height

No data available for resource com.raytheon.viz.grid.rsc.GridResourceDatacom.raytheon.uf.viz.core.exception.NoDataAvailableException: No Data Available at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.rsc.AbstractRequestableResourceData.construct(AbstractRequestableResourceData.java:227) at com.raytheon.viz.grid.rsc.GridResourceData.construct(GridResourceData.java:116) at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.drawables.ResourcePair.instantiateResource(ResourcePair.java:244) at com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.rsc.ResourceList.instantiateResources(ResourceList.java:890) at com.raytheon.viz.ui.BundleLoader$InstantiationTask.run(BundleLoader.java:85)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
at com.raytheon.viz.ui.BundleLoader.loadBundleToContainer(BundleLoader.java:174)
    at com.raytheon.viz.ui.BundleLoader.run(BundleLoader.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

d2dContourStyleRules.xml: unexpected element (uri:"", local:"range"). Expected elements are <{}displayFlags>,<{}positiveLinePattern>,<{}negativeLinePattern>,<{}displayUnits>,<{}contourLabeling>,<{}smoothingDistance> on line 369 column 28

When I try to view any satelite or radar images CAVE cratshes with a segmentation fault and no errors.

Any help would be appreciated

Steven Boring

Network & Computer Services
College of Science