Re: [awips2-users] awips2 cave client problems

Thanks for your reply,
I put a sym link in the /awips2/tools/lib  which resolved that libXP.so
error, I still have a bunch of warnings about not being able to find record
class for ldadprofiler, recco, ssha, ldadmanual, and nctext. At the end of
the Cave console log I see a fatal error in the JRE caused by the
libGL.so.1 library. After looking at the error report (hs_err_pid#.log) I
think I see way its failing. There are two different libGL.so.1 files on my
server. One in /usr/lib and the other in /awips2/cave/lib/lib_mesa/. The
hs_err report indicates that its using  the /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 file and
NOT the /awips2/cave/lib/lib_mesa/libGL.so.1 file. I'm not sure how to
force Cave to use the other lib file other then to try adding a sym link in
/awips2/tools/lib like I did for libXp.so.1. If I put the sym link in
/usr/lib it may broke other thing. I'll try putting the sym link in
/awips2/tools/lib and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

Steven Boring

Network & Computer Services
College of Science
San Jose State University
408-924-5274

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Michael James <mjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Steven and Sen,
>
> I have libXp.so.6.2.0 in both /usr/lib/ and /awips2/cave/caveEnvironment/*
> *lib/ (In /usr/lib/ it is from package libXp-1.0.0-8.1.el5.i386) - but my
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the same as yours, doesn't include /usr/lib/  so I'm not
> sure what the problem is.
>
> I remove libXp, which removed libXp and libXp-devel, ran updatedb, re-ran
> alertviz and CAVE and all seemed to work.  But I'm not sure that I did this
> right... I remember having to install libXp/libXp-devel after seeing this
> problem before.
>
> Can you install "yum install libXp-devel" and try again? Might have to add
> /usr/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as well.
>
> Michael
>

>  Hi Michael,
>> I'm helping Sen Chiao to install Awips2 on one of our servers. The server
>> is running centos 5.9 32-bit with 12GB of RAM. So far I have installed the
>> EDEX server and the CAVE client on the server. The EDEX server seems to be
>> functioning, alertviz seems to be connecting to the EDEX server but when I
>> try to run the CAVE software it fail to start. I get the splash screen and
>> the progress bar move to about 5-10% when the program crashes. I also get
>> the following messages after I run the cave.sh command:
>>     Calling getTestMode()
>>     Can't open .logPref or ~/.logPref; using defaults.
>>     getTestMode() returned OPERATIONAL
>> I assume these are normal. The cave-#-#-pid_#_alertviz.log file reports
>> several errors. One error is unable to load nsharp libraries because the
>> libbignsharp.so can't open libXp.so.6. The locate command finds libXp.so.6
>> at /awips2/cave/caveEnvironment/**lib/libXp.so.6. ldd reports that it
>> can locate the libXp.so.6 either. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> =/awips2/python/lib:/awips2/**postgresql/lib:/awips2/psql/**
>> lib:/awips2/notification/lib:/**awips2/tools/lib:. Should I add the path
>> to the missing library file or is there something else wrong? There were
>> also other errors about missing record classes. I've attached the log files
>> so you can see all the errors.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>> Steven Boring
>>
>> Network & Computer Services