IDV Development Status Report
September 23, 2008
This report updates the status of Unidata's IDV development
efforts since the last report
Development and testing are underway for the next release of
the IDV (2.6) which should be released in Fall 2008 after
the IDV training workshops in November. New features include:
- Remote access to Level III data from the TDS.
- Publication format (PDF/PS) output of IDV displays.
- Barnes analysis routine for point data.
- Text product display
- Switch to netCDF 4.0
- ATCF hurricane forecast displays
- Contouring performance improvements
- Updated documentation on new features
- Bug fixes and suggested improvements noted at the workshops
Ongoing efforts include:
- Collaborating in the development of
- Keeping up with new Java interfaces and developments
- Various and sundry IDV bug fixes and enhancements.
This document is maintained by
Don Murray <firstname.lastname@example.org>