NOAA is searching for an IT Specialist/Senior Software Developer to work at the National Weather Service (NWS), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) with one vacancy located in Boulder, CO.
The Senior Software Developer will:
- Serve as a senior software developer in the Development and Transition Section (DTS) by supporting the analysis of current computer and/or supercomputer system capabilities, the analysis of Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) requirements, and the planning of software development solutions that are associated with all assigned tasks and projects.
- Establish unique computer programming and Application Development solutions as assigned by a Project Manager or DTS Team Lead.
- Analyze and gather all requirements related to the software development life cycle including software design, specification, testing, evaluation, documentation, and implementation.
- Interact with other SWPC and National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP) components, as appropriate, to define computer programming application requirements and to facilitate the use of supercomputer computer hosted application programs.
- Draft technical documentation for software solutions which includes the software’s detailed specifications, design documents, and test plans.
The application process is open through September 16, 2019.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at the links below. Note that there are two announcements for this position; applicants are allowed to submit applications in both venues.