The RAMADDA development team is pleased to announce the release of RAMADDA 1.6. The Repository for Archiving, Managing and Accessing Diverse Data (RAMADDA) is an Open Source information management and data repository framework for the geosciences that provides a turnkey system enabling data providers and users to upload, manage, and share data holdings.
Version 1.6 is available for download from SourceForge.
New features in this version include:
- A new display front-end integrated into the wiki facility which enables the creation of rich interactive search, charting and data access interfaces across multiple federated repositories.
- New entry types — Virtual Group, Case Study, Vocabulary, etc.
- Extended entry editing including the ability to change entry types.
- The beginnings of an entry type, metadata and data dictionary editor.
- Automatic extraction of thumbnail images from Powerpoint and Word files.
- Bug fixes and additions to the documentation.
Further details are available in the Release Notes.
If you are running RAMADDA, please upgrade to this new version. If you are not running RAMADDA, check it out!
If you have problems, comments or suggestions please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.