NOAA is searching for a Physical Scientist to work at the National Ocean Service (NOS), Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS) in Silver Spring, MD.
The Physical Scientist will:
- Plan, coordinate and manage assigned projects based on overall objectives, milestones, and constraints in support of program functions.
- Engage with NOAA and external stakeholders to understand and manage requirements for coastal ocean predictions to inform program priorities.
- Manage a portfolio of projects to develop and implement numerical modeling solutions to coastal ocean information needs.
- Serve as the senior expert and technical advisor, with responsibility for establishing long range program objectives, requirements, and formulating plans.
- Lead the Coastal Ocean Modeling Testbed extramural grants program.
The application process is open through January 22, 2020.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at: