The NetCDF-Java/Common Data Model (CDM) library and THREDDS Data Server (TDS) version 4.3.16 were released on March 19, 2013. The latest update can be downloaded from:
Version 4.3 includes a complete rewrite of GRIB1 and GRIB2 file handling, intended to correct problems that exist in version 4.2's handing of tables (especially in non-NCEP files) and time interval coordinates.
Note: The variables in a GRIB dataset will have different names when viewed in CDM 4.3 than the same variables when viewed in CDM 4.2. If your application reads GRIB files, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of the NetCDF-Java/CDM library and closely examine the output of any files that you really care about. Check parameter names and everything else against the original documentation if possible, especially if there is any local parameter use. Please send us any files you suspect might be incorrectly read by the CDM library.
Evolving documentation for GRIB is at Unidata's Grib Tables page.
Other new features and bug fixes in version 4.3.16 include:
was never implemented
- Bug fixes for Stereographic Azimuthal Projection (Heiko)
- HDF-EOS improvements, add CoordSysBuilder for Modis
- Add Sinusoidal projection
- FileWriter2 was barfing on string variables
- CoordSysBuilder: comma separated Convention names didnt work
- RotatedLatLon Projection had inverse projection wrong
- BUFR: fixed bugs for IASI sattelite, NCEP embedded tables; name structs when possible
- Vertical transforms: check units; add method to calculate at one point
- CF point: Allow GeoZ vertical coordinates (not just pressure and height)
- NcML remote aggregation (eg opendap datasets in the aggregation) was broken.
- DiskCache2 not checking if directory exists
- GeoTiff writing was off by 1/2 grid point
- Nexrad level 2 format AR2V0007
- In file object caches: check lastModified, eject if changed; stop using sync()
- opendap server: fix bugs
- fix bugs
- adds variables in formula terms attribute to the grid output files
- actual vertical levels for grid as point responses on datasets with CDM supported vertical transformations
- grid previews
- cdmrFeature: fix bugs
- Grib FeatureCollections:
- Allow customized names for Latest and Best datasets
- Allow lexigraphical sorting of datasets under Files collection.
- Grib1 TimePartition : fix bugs
- ehcache 2.6.2
- visad 2.0-20130124
- release uses maven build
- add gradle builds for special artifacts
- remove ant builds
The NetCDF-Java development team at the Unidata Program Center strongly encourages operators of sites that take advantage of the CDM libraries to install the latest version and forward any potential issues to the development team via Unidata's support system (email@example.com) or the user community mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org). Real-world use of new features by the user community is integral to the process of creating and refining these libraries.