MetPy v1.5.0 has been released:
- Drawing fronts and boundaries using Matplotlib path effects for appropriate meteorological styling (e.g. cold fronts)
- Drawing regions with a scalloped style
- Parser for WPC surface bulletins
- CAPE and CIN calculations now use the virtual temperature correction
- Revamped the list of pre-defined plotting areas for the simplified plotting interface
- "Dark mode" now available in the docs (thanks pydata-sphinx-theme!)
- Last release to support Python 3.8
For full release notes see the GitHub Release Page.
pip install metpy==1.5.0or
conda install -c conda-forge metpy=1.5.0
Let us know if you run into any problems, either at MetPy issue tracker, or using email@example.com. You can also ask questions using the "MetPy" tag on Stack Overflow, or on GitHub Discussions.