NOAA is searching for a Meteorologist (Warning Coordination) to work at the National Weather Service (NWS), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Weather Prediction Center (WPC) in College Park, MD.
A Meteorologist (Warning Coordination):
- Conducts evaluations of products and services to ensure adherence to establish policy, adequacy, and usefulness.
- Serves as a user representative and collaborates in developing, proposing, and implementing plans to develop, modify, or tailor products and services with the goal of service improvement or increased product usefulness.
- Oversees an education program to advise on and promote the exercise of appropriate recommended actions for the protection of life and property.
- When designated, serves as Senior Forecaster on shift duty, performing the full range of responsibilities of that position.
- Leads or participates in the conduct of studies and developmental projects designed to capitalize on or incorporate the benefits of new science/technology/techniques towards enhancing objectives.
The application process is open through May 14, 2019.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at the link below.