NOAA is searching for three Meteorologists to work at the National Weather Service (NWS), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP). There is one position at the Weather Prediction Center (WPC) and two at the Ocean Prediction Center (OPC). All three vacancies are located in College Park, MD.
- Prepares and provides weather advice and guidance to customers, including critical decision makers, during high impact weather.
- Collaborates and coordinates products with other National Centers, Weather Forecast Offices, and River Forecast Centers to provide timely, accurate, consistent, and high quality products and services.
- Prepares and issues specialized hazardous weather discussions in support of NWS field operations.
- Prepares, quality controls, and issues forecasts and service products assigned to the National Center.
- Provides weather advice and guidance to core partners (e.g., emergency management, law enforcement, aviation, marine, land management, transportation), the media, and the general public through various means such as forecast products, social media, and in-person or remote briefings.
The application process is open through March 18, 2019.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at the links below. Note that there are two announcements for this position; applicants are allowed to submit applications in both venues.